Re: [CentOS] OT: How to make files placed into FTP directory available via http

Ed Morrison wrote:
I'm hoping someone out there can tell me or direct me on where to find this info on how to make files placed into an ftp directory available via an url link in an email. I will have a staff member upload the files to a directory on my ftp server (which is also the web server) and the files would have to be automatically linked to a web directory, unless the files can be read directly from the ftp server. This needs to have no interaction from me and should be automagic.....

Any and all would be greatly appreciated.

read up on virtual hosts.

If you have selinux enabled (you should), then you may need to do something like this:
chcon --reference /var/www/ -R /var/local/mirrors/

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait