Re: [CentOS] Dependency failures when updating

Johnny Hughes wrote:
Looks like you have the same exclude in your /etc/yum.conf so that you
can use the centosplus kernel.

Yep, I sure did, and I completely overlooked that bit. I guess I was still scratching my head over what the kernel-ib was.

To answer your original question too ... if you still need to exclude
kernels in your yum.conf file, please do it like this instead:

exclude=kernel kernel-devel kernel-doc kernel-smp* kernel-hugemem*
kernel-largesmp*

(all one line)

You then should be able to update and get kernel-ib

I did as you instructed and it's updating as we speak. Thanks for the help and the great work on CentOS.

--
Tom Elsesser