Re: [CentOS] Helping CentOS automatically

sophana wrote:
chrism@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
Perhaps I'm missing something, but most bittorrent clients make it
rather easy to define/limit the speed of both the upstream and
downstream data rate.  So it will only consume as much bandwidth as
you allow it.  I'm not certain what you can do about controlling the
number of network connections or even if that would be considered any
real burden on modern hardware if you've got a sensible upstream
bitrate set.

client side bandwidth limitting is quite far from perfect, because, it
is still bursty.
I would like that my existing hosted application will not be impacted
from the massive bittorrent bandwidth, and that my response latency will
remain very low.
Only ipfilter scripts can do that.

I don't think you will find it very bursty if you set a relatively low threshold. It will hit the threshold and just stay there (at least during times of rapid change...like new major or minor releases). I note that when I set my upstream bitrate to 30k/sec, it immediately pegs there and stays there.

Cheers,