Re: [CentOS] Also Postfix-Problem

Timothy Kesten wrote:
Am Freitag 01 September 2006 09:38 schrieb Andy Green:

Is the DNS error actually coming from the next hop for the mail?

Sorry - my knowledge (as my english too) isn't so great. What do you mean?
I send a mail from outside my network - poll it with fetchmail - use postfix, amavis, clamd, spamd until it (should) lay down in my lokal mailbox where I look at this mail with KMail.

No your English is fine, I was not so clear. Normally is Postfix is trying to do a DNS lookup on an incoming mail and it is not happy, instead of accepting the mail and bouncing it, as we see here, it will instead NOQUEUE it right there while still talking to the incoming MTA.

That it accepted it and then explicitly bounced it makes it sound like the problem is coming from downstream of Postfix itself in one of your other steps.

I would think about selinux getting in the way of these other apps, if selinux is enabled. Is there anything in /var/log/messages from audit/selinux?

Also maybe try to temporarily defeat the other steps so you only use Postfix and see if that makes a difference.

-Andy