Re: [CentOS] Re: Kind of OT: internal imap server

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 22:23, Feizhou wrote:
I wish I could find an UNBIASED comparison of the main MTA's.
I just seem to find ones that slant to the one that just happens to be used by
the writer.
Not possible? Those who bother to reply have probably had a variety of
experience and settled on what they thought was best for their
situation. For them to express anything other than recommendations
(mostly) for their selection would be .. illogical ... Kirk!
It is possible. The problem is whether others will allow their prejudices to cloud whatever is recommended. eg: some would never install qmail even if it is the best for that particular situation and tell everybody else so too.

That's kind of the point of giving advice on mail lists.  If
you've had a bad experience with something you can spare other
people similar pain.   And it is pretty much guaranteed that
you'll have a bad experience with a stock qmail system the
first time you get a dictionary-type attack to your domain
or if you send a lot of group messages over low-bandwidth
links.

and for the same reason I don't recommend qmail on an MX host without patches. There are other uses for an mta other than receiving mail for a domain.