Re: [CentOS] Upgrade 4.3 to 4.4 appeared to die half-way through

Will McDonald wrote:
I don't know if there's any easy way to avoid this, but you can
mitigate the problem by batching your yum updates into smaller chunks
which will, if the futext problem halts the update, leave you with a
less hosed system. :)

I don't understand what you mean when you say "batch yum updates into smaller chunks". I usually just do a "yum update", eyeball the packages that it thinks I need, then hit ENTER to agree to the update. What does this "batching" involve?

Cheers,