Re: [CentOS] Remote upload apache files

Karanbir Singh wrote:
the 'normal' way to do this is to setup a vhost in /etc/httpd/conf.d/

Thanks for the quick reply. I admit to not knowing much about apache, so forgive if this all sounds silly.

I was looking at virtual hosts all day and just ended up confused and bitter, getting "you don't have access to / on this server", but I thought vhosts went into /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf? My conf.d dir has stuff like squirrelmail aliases. I need content for the site itself, so I didn't think an alias would work.

" chcon -R   -u system_u -r object_r -t httpd_sys_content_t
/home/<username>/public_html/ "

I had absolutely no idea about this command. The man page is fairly sparse, so I'll take you obviously knowledgeable word on this one.

--
Tom