Re: [CentOS] Kind of OT: internal imap server

I have a pair of internet relays in a DMZ that forward for firewalled
local mail servers. MimeDefang runs virus scans on all mail and
spamassassin on inbound mail, first checking that the user(s) actually
exist on the destination host with the included
md_check_against_smtp_server
function.  I don't think postfix offers that option, but I'd be
pleasantly surprised if it can.
not the RHEL4 (therefore Centos 4) one. postfix does offer this option now.

It's real unique advantage is decades-long consistency and improvement.
With the milter interface you get the ability to add any additional
processing you want in the language of your choice - and with MimeDefang
pretty much all of that is already done for you.  If you are interested
in why it is a good approach, there is a very detailed description
if you follow the 'slides' link at the top of http://www.mimedefang.com.

I'll probably wait for postfix + milter support to become stable and take the advantages of postfix over sendmail if I need the features provided by mimedefang.