Re: [CentOS] Kind of OT: internal imap server

Les Mikesell wrote:

Do you want some?  My maillog shows 625856 rejects in the last 5 days.

Wow that is awesome, 100K+ attempts a day is totally beyond what I experience, not even 1K attempts a day. Even so I quite like less-ing through my maillog and smiling at the NOQUEUEs.

they've been getting rejected at that rate for a couple of years now
and still coming.

I guess you made it on to some list that never gets cleaned, no wonder you have it in for qmail ;-)

- reject unknown usernames (much virus mail and a fair amount of spam: gone)

The difficulty here is that my internet-reachable relays don't actually
have any users.

Ah well the advice is still good. Deciding you don't want the mail at SMTP time is the golden solution everyone agrees, comparing against a domainwide userlist is the way whether it is done with mimedefang or some script that collates usernames. My mail setup is so small that I have /etc/aliases to control users and that's the end of it. I guess that's at the heart of why sendmail complexity has no payback for me but does for you.

-Andy