Re: [CentOS] question on mounting a partition that is in a disk image

How do I mount a partition that is in an image file?

I have a file called centos.img that has 3 partitions in the file.
I need to copy data to the third partition on that image file.

I have seen things about a loop back device (which is fine)
but then it talked about an offset parameter and I dont know what
that is or more importantly what number to use. I hope I'm on the
right track.

How do I mount it?

Partitions in an image file. Interesting. I would first mount the image .. "mount centos.img /some/dir -o loop"

If that doesn't work .. I would need to know more about the partitioning and the image .. how was it created ... are there filesystems on these partitions, and if so, what are they?

Hope this helps,
Barry