Re: [CentOS] Big load

Les Mikesell napisał(a):
On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 09:18 -0400, Linus Hicks wrote:

Okay, I'm having a disconnect here. None of these graphs make sense to me. The system load as stated in the legend on the graphs is composed of 1, 5, and 15 minute averages. Under steady load conditions, these averages should converge. The graphs don't show that, although the numbers listed do. The graph seems to be showing the additive value of all three load averages which is bogus (or at least misleading).

What graphing tool are you using?  If you have the sysstat package
installed,

isag - it is  in crontab

'sar -A' will give you ten-minute snapshots of the values among lots of
other things that might help you understand what is happening.

I changed default perid gathering stats to 1 min.