Re: [CentOS] Printing problem with CUPS and lp/lpr

On Aug 16, 2006, at 13:43, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

I think all the options for lpoptions are documented in the CUPS docs.
You can easily get to them by going to http://localhost:631 on the box
where you set up the printers (or from somewhere else on the network, if
you configured CUPS to give admin access to remote hosts).

I've perused (some of) the CUPS docs, but I haven't found anything that controls printing plain text files with lpr. Using enscript, which converts a text file to PostScript works just fine. Worst case, I'll tell all the users to always use enscript. But it's bugging me that I can't fix the lpr issue.

Alfred