Re: [CentOS] proftpd problem

nightrid3r wrote:

i cannot login
port forwarding is ok as i can enteer both username and password
error : 530 login incorrect

First check your logs (usually /var/log/proftpd/) for any errors that might seem relevant to the problem. You didn't mention this, so not sure if you looked?

Second, make sure your proftpd compile worked with PAM support -- run "/usr/bin/proftpd -l" and look for mod_auth_unix.c and mod_auth_file.c modules.

Third, make sure your login user has a valid shell, and it's listed in /etc/shells -- I think the default config file has the valid shell requirement set ON.

I'm not sure where you got your RPM(s), but I have known good working builds of the stable 1.2.10 tree (with MySQL and OpenSSL patches) that you can use if desired, just ping me offlist.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid Inc. | http://www.fluid.com