Re: [CentOS] Building a live CD and live PXE

On 8/9/06, John Newbigin <jnewbigin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have updated my instructions on how to roll your own CentOS-4 Live CD.
  I also made a script which does it all for you. I have also got
instructions on how to turn the Live CD into a PXE bootable Live version.

All the details can be found here:
http://www.byteclub.net/wiki/CentOS_Live

John.
Great! I was just looking for this! Unfortunately there seems to be something missing: by the time we run the first yum command, there's no distroverpkg package installed under $LIVE to query for $releasever.
My output is:
--------------
# yum -c $LIVE/etc/yum.conf --installroot=$LIVE install yum
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - Null is not a valid release or hasnt been released yet
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: update
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: update
Should the user install centos-release RPM with prefix equal to $LIVE beforehand?
Or is there any other easy but correct way to pass this variable to yum?

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue