Re: [CentOS] Server Hacked: Cpanel

On 8/9/06, Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Okey, lemme expand this a little bit, and even contradict you
(while agreeing).

I agree with your contradicting agreements.

It is a bit more problematic than that. You are not only adding stuff,
but you are also replacing (exim, apache) a part of the system.

True, and slightly more accurate. I would assume that one who has a
mastery of both centos and CPanel would  by default understand such
things, but it may need to be set.

Also, take a look at POSIX ACLs. They are a bit more complex to use
than unix permissions, but much more flexible.

ACK! Dammit I did leave out extended ACLs... good catch. They're quite
nice also, although they make backups interesting because tar eats
them. Star is your friend in those  circumstances.

George Orwell