Re: [CentOS] openldap 2.3.x?

Quoting Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx>:

It might be possible to backport one from Fedora. I'll give it a try here in
the next week or so and see how it goes.

The backport does indeed build and install, I'll test it here for a
day or two to make sure it's stable, and then toss it up in the
dev.centos.org repository.

I'd have answered this sooner, but the job scene is interesting right
now, and consuming most of my free time for the next few weeks or so.

I also just finished recompile and few basic tests on Fedora's package.

I needed to change spec file a bit since it required bind-libbind-devel and libtool-ltdl-devel which seem to be some Fedora specific stuff (probably part of bind-devel and and libtool/libtool-libs on CentOS, but I haven't checked).

When upgrading, the compat package was also needed since many parts of CentOS depend on 2.2 libs.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/