[CentOS] [Solved] My SSL connection is very slow

Hello all.

I have a problem since months with my CentOS 4 webserver. It came up since I intalled it. The SSL pages are very slow. Typically, I get 2-3 thumbnails from an SSL page, and then nothing during 7 seconds, and then again 2 thumbnails, nothing again, etc.. and so forth during about 30 seconds after what all non loaded images are just discarded (time out).
It also happens with the normal HTTP, but much less, and is usable.

I must have done an error in the configuration, but I don't know where.
I have tried taking the ssl.conf, httpd.conf and php.ini from another clean CentOS server (that does not present this) but after rebooting the services nothing changes. I don't see anything strange in the logs neither. It just takes very long to answer a request.
I also tried to stop MySQL and Tomcat, but no chance.

Did someone already see that kind of behaviour ?

Kind regards,
Daniel

I came some time ago with an SSL slowness that I didn't figure out (described above). I have just found what the problem was: I was using the LinWiz iptables firewall builder, and this one did set by default to have a limitation for synfloods at 1 syn per second (at the end of the script). This, used with SSL, makes the HTTPS connection transfer speed being very very slow, but not for the HTTP connections.

Now I incremented it to 50/s and 100 burst limitation, and all works very well.
For those that this might help..

Daniel