Re: [CentOS] Re: DNS Server and SQL backend

William L. Maltby wrote:
On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 15:35 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 11:01:54AM -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:
Have you ever thought of open-sourcing yours?
<snip>

And I completely agree, unless that puts trade secrets and daily operations at risk. But that's another subject entirely.

Like I said, I'd love to, but I cannot :)
I have to disagree with both points, specially with the second.
If sharing the code put your daily operations at risk, to me that
means "security through obscurity". Ergo, full of bugs.

s/Ergo/Maybe/  # Let's not propagate mindless drivel that supports
justification of one process by invalid and unproven assumptions about
another. I don't by "Ergo" for the same reason I don't buy "We can't
withdraw now or all those kids died for no reason!". Fallacious
assertion based on invalid or unproven assumptions.

<snip>

Rodrigo Barbosa
<snip sig stuff>

I believe I could easily be *more* off-topic if led down that path.

Hi -

Alright, I think we've killed this topic. Thanks for disagreeing with me. I didn't mean to raise a storm, sorry if your points disagree with mine.

IF you have any further questions re: the actual topic, I'd be happy to participate. If not, well, I guess that's the end of it. I'm not going to discuss anything aside from that, thanks.

Thanks
-dant