Re: [CentOS] OT: remote power cycling

I'm in a situation where I'm going to have to deploy a rack of servers in an unmanned location in another country. On rare occasions, I've had systems that would not recover gracefully from a warm reboot and needed the power cycled. Years ago, I had such a device from APC, but haven't needed one in a long time since all my locations are staffed. I'd welcome any suggestions from the list.

depends on the server vendor, most have remote access cards such as DRACS or iLO etc. If Dells these also have a BMC which means you can powercycle the box without having to buy a DRAC although you can't 'see' whats going on on the console for that you need a DRAC.

If its just remote power cycle then Baytech do good options that are easily expandable although remember that you'll need to double up on sockets as the servers will have redundant PSU's wont they.