Re: [CentOS] All screwed up

rado wrote:
On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 12:54 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
I've apparently made a mess of clamav. Tried uninstalling it, and excluded it from dag's repo. Now, when I yum install clamav and clamav-server, I'm apparently missing all the libs, data and so forth. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this back ? I probably blew all the old stuff away during the update or later, and don't have a clue as to why it's not doing what it's supposed to now.

Uggg!.....I don't know how right I am or whatever but the following
works for me.

On my website ...rivers-bend.com...I wrote a little how to on this that
I refer to when I have to upgrade or install. You might have a look at
that

John Rose
John,

I see you are just using the rpm's where I'm attempting to use yum. So far, I'm not having much luck even with yum. I swear, I don't recall it being this convoluted when I originally installed it. Maybe someone can tell me the sequence in which stuff needs to be done, as you did on your web page.

Thanks..

--
Sam W.Drinkard -- sam@xxxxxxxxxx
NOAA Cooperative Observer