Re: [CentOS] cron.weekly

William L. Maltby wrote:
On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 09:47 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
Just looked at the log from the x86_64 machine and I see the same zcat: stdout: Broken pipe in the 00-makewhatis.cron job as on the x86 machine. Did I miss some thread about current updates somewhere?

If so, I missed it too! I am 100% current (based on current knowledge).
Other than the prob you mention, I have also seen messages from
glibc.common regarding double releases. Saw some in dmesg and some while
in X. Some apps have been locking, never completing startup, crashing,
etc.

B4 proj guys holler about reporting, I've been completing a more
standard b/u procedure using my el-cheapo LVM-based stuff and that took
priority once I saw the symptoms.

My needs came first.
It's very possible I missed anything about the problem, as I don't read everything.. I scan what I think might apply to me sometime. I did miss the clamav thread back awhile, and after reading it, realized it was a repo problem. I don't update very often, and never have had any issues with anything. There is a lot I don't quite understand about how the update processes are *supposed* to work, but again, it's always done just fine, no problems. I'm getting lazy in my old age and don't want too many things going bump in the night.. If it works, I don't try to fix it either. Might not be the best policy, but where I have things that *must* run, I tend not to do dumb things and shoot myself in the big toe :-)

thanks Bill...

-sam