Re: [CentOS] Broken pipe

Jim Perrin wrote:
On 7/23/06, Sam Drinkard <sam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I updated my x86 machine day before yesterday, and I noticed two
things.  The clamav user and group was deleted, and not recreated, and
when the makewhatis ran, I got a page full of "zcat: stdout: Broken
pipe" entries.  What gives with the makewhatis and clamav?  Was clamav
removed from the software?  I encountered no errors when the transaction
check and transactions were run.

You're likely mixing repositories and running into packages in
multiple repos but packaged differently. There are a couple yum
plugins designed to prevent this.

Jim, it so appears that is what happened. Didn't realize it till it was too late, and read a thread about the clamav problem. Now seems I can't get things back running.

Thanks..

--
Sam W.Drinkard -- sam@xxxxxxxxxx
NOAA Cooperative Observer