Re: [CentOS] yum fails on resolving dependencies

you might want to try yum --enablerepo=centosplus perl-GSSAPI, or search yum for the correct extention name:

yum --enablerepo=centosplus search GSSAPI

If neither of those get you anywhere then I would install the package below and try yum update again.

http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/perl-GSSAPI-0.22-1.fc4.i386.rpm

On 7/16/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Package perl-Authen-SASL needs perl(GSSAPI), this is
> not available.

This would seem to indicate that you're attempting to upgrade
perl-Authen-SASL and cannot because a require dependency is not found.
You need to figure out which repository that package is coming from.
It may be that the repository providing that package is not providing
the dependency.

> i am running CentOS release 3.6 (Final)
>
> i did a little googling and was even more confused
> about this. what packages should i have to make the
> update work?

George Orwell

Thx
Joshua Gimer