Re: [CentOS] Hardware Raid cards RAID 0 / 1

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 at 4:09pm, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote

Adaptec and 3ware solutins seem to work nicely. With Adaptec, I'd be carefull to get aacraid based card, not I2O. In my very limited experience, 3ware cards were not as flexible as Adaptec's aacraid based cards. The 3ware you configure once and that's it. With Adaptec, you can migrate data from individual drives into RAID arrays, expand arrays (even RAID-5), change RAID levels (migrate volume from for example RAID-1 to RAID-5) and so on. All while the host is up and running. Well, at least with those I had in my hands (like for example the SCSI based 2200S).

The newer 3ware cards (95xx series, IIRC) do support RAID level migration and array expansion, all online.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering