Re: [CentOS] cyrus-sasl mysql backend

It's Centos/RHEL 4's cyrus-sasl rpm. Specifically, the cyrus-sasl-sql rpm. It appears all other code seem to work except for the sql plugin. I am not sure if that is due to configuration error, which seems unlikely since i copied the configuration for smtpd.conf from the FC2/Opteron box, or due to threading /sasl initialization issues.

You might be surprised. Sometimes a default setting is changed between
versions that you don't expect, or wasn't explicitly defined...

Well, at most I'd expect a clear message in the logs about back settings but a crash?!
Nope. All I could find from searching on the '_dl_sysinfo_int80 ()' string was something about threading or hyper-threading being enabled causing crashes...does Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz cpus have hyper-threading?

Most likely, yes. If you use the SMP kernel, you should see two processors.
You might poke around in the BIOS if you have time and see if you can
disable it and if that solves the problem. If so, it'd be handy to know for
future reference in the list archives.

What I did find on google was that there were cases where disabling hyper-threading 'solved' the problem...I wonder if I should be using a smp kernel...

Glad you at least got it working. I hope that doesn't mean you have time to
test without HT on, though ;-)

Matt

Let me find a convenient time for that then. Man, what a time to be out of a test box...