Re: [CentOS] how to create a local update server.

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, "Petr \"Qaxi\" Klíma" wrote:

> Steve Huff napsal(a):
> >
> > On Jul 3, 2006, at 12:34 PM, rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > > could someone please point me in the right direction for creating a local
> > > repository for centos updates.
> >
> > take a look at Dag Wieers' yam:
> >
> > http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/
>
> this work very well, but do not forget, you have to download CD images manualy
> every respin ...

Not necessarily. You only need the ISOs if you want to kickstart from Yam.
If you only require the updates, you do not even need the ISOs at all.

But a nice idea would be to make a URL our of the iso= setting so that it
could automatically download a new version if you increase the release.

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --