Re: [CentOS] Raid Cards

* Feizhou <feizhou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-06-09 04:44:00]:

> >Check out areca. The driver is in tree (writen by areca). And it looks
> >like they are actively supporting linux.
>
> They have drivers for RHEL 4 update 3 among many others for their PCIe
> RAID cards that I looked at.

I've been producing Areca/CentOS driver RPM packages since early 4.0 days:

http://www.bodgit-n-scarper.com/code.html#centos

Might be a little easier to keep updated with yum.

As for booting, provided the kernel driver is in the initrd for the
kernel, it will work fine as a boot volume, (the same as all of the
other storage controllers). As long as you have the line:

alias scsi_hostadapter arcmsr

in /etc/modprobe.conf, the driver will get included by mkinitrd. My
package will check for this on install.

I need to upload the latest versions, but they Work For Me so far.

Matt