Re: [CentOS] Raid Cards

Feizhou wrote:

Go get a spare box, install, pull the first disk and see what happens. Then repeat with FC5.

As it happens, I have a newly installed CentOS 4.3 RAID1 server in the office that has not been shipped out yet. I'll give it a try and report back.

If it still doesn't work out of the box after 3 update releases it *should* have big headlines in the trade journals.

(BTW, I understand and agree completely with CentOS' policy of 100% bug for bug compatibility with upstream so this should not be taken as a criticism of CentOS.)

-Steve