Re: [CentOS] Swap

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote on Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:37:26 -0300:

I keep my swap on, but set swappiness to 0. Been working great that way.

where do you set "swappiness"?

PS: I really wish people would stop top-posting.
Actually, if someone doesn't trim the quote I *much* prefer top-posting over endlessly scrolling to the end for reading a single sentence or two.

Kai

From what I gather from man swapon, the priority is a value between 0 and 32767, but which field in the /etc/fstab is the "options" field?
/dev/hda5   swap   swap   defaults   0 0
LABEL=SWAP-hdb7   swap   swap   defaults   0 0

Which one do you add the pri=0 to set the swappiness ?

OTOH, if you turn swap completely off and the system needs more memory than is available, I would assume a kernel panic would ensue at that point, or something would die. Just guessing on that part.
--
Sam W.Drinkard -- sam@xxxxxxxxxx
http://wa4phy.net