Re: [CentOS] Received signal 11 during kickstart

On Jun 1, 2006, at 10:02, I wrote:

I've resolved this issue, and here is the answer for anyone else who may encounter the same problem later.

So I ask again, can a misconfigured kickstart configuration file cause this problem?

The answer is a resounding yes. The following line in the kickstart configuration file causes the kickstart installation to fail with "installation exited abnormally -- received signal 11":

  url --url http://hostname

Adding a slash at the end of the url makes the problem go away. I would say this is a bug in Anaconda. What's the best way to log this bug to make sure it gets fixed by the upstream provider?

Alfred