[CentOS] Kernel update = slower ?

This is really strange. Day before, I updated the machine here (x86_64) and all went normal. I rebooted, and everything came back just as I expected. Next morning, I noticed one of my jobs during the night had finished, but finished late by about 8 or 9 minutes. I really didn't think much of it, but after looking at jobs running today, I'm seeing the same thing. Processes that used to take 3.75 hours to complete are now taking 4 hours. ( I have cron jobs that were running to process the data after the main run, and they busted) Nothing has changed in the way the model runs, and there have been no changes to input data or any other parameter that would cause a longer runtime. So, the question is, did something change in the kernel that would make the machine run slower? I do have threading turned on in the bios, and all 4 cpu's are shown via dmesg. In fact, I looked at the dmesg output after a reboot and due to another message about losing clock tics, I just checked that I had not encountered the same. Short of rebooting back into the previous kernel, is there any way to tell if something is slowing the box down?

--
Sam W.Drinkard -- sam@xxxxxxxxxx
WEB http://wa4phy.net