Re: [CentOS] Problem installing from CD

Jim,

Thanks for the heads up. I finally got CentOS to install. I had to run the
disk check before I could install (weird). Anyway, it installed just fine.
Then I upgraded the kernel and installed the ATI drivers. It works just
fine now (but I need a new mouse :)   ).

Thanks!

Jeff

        Something I forgot to mention last night, your video problem
maybe the ATI chipset. I don't know why, but on all the linux user's
emailing lists that I'm on,problems with ATI video controllers come up
quite frequently . The video controllers that people seem to be having
the best luck with are Nvidia, and SIS. I'm sure that other members of
this list know of other video controllers that work also.
       To the best of my knowledge, the linux distro that seems to
support the ATI controllers the best is Mandriva, formerly known as
Mandrake
Hope this helps
Jim