Re: [CentOS] CentOS 4 and laptop and wifi works

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
As far as I know, the class ID is just to identify what kind of
hardware it is. It might affect how the bios/OS handle the device.

0200 - Ethernet controller
0280 - Network controller

Interesting enough, there is a specific class for Wireless.
So the Class for these devices should really be 0d80.

It certainly helps loading the apropriate module. Specially generic
modules for a given device class (usb-uhci etc).

I see. Ok, thanks for the info. Sorry if the specs I sent earlier for the a/b card sent you chasing your tail. I just assumed folks were meaning the Atheros chipset it general, so I thought I'd pitch in. Take care.

Max