Re: [CentOS] new initrd

I think you mean m, not n.

I have learnt the hard way that there are many scripts in a redhat system that break if you try to compile code as built-in, but RH initially compiled it as a module.

The mkinitrd script has a few options for modules vs built-in, but
they are of limited flexibiity.

Yes i did mean m sorry - although i have an interesting thing going on and i don't think i'm going mad... I change that option in config to be a 'm' rather than a 'y' and then run my kernel make. After the make i look at the .config file and that option has changed back to a 'y' ?? Can anyone tell me the reason that happens please

thanks