PHP5 questions

If I install PHP5 from centosplus it will replace PHP4, is this correct?
Or is there a way to have it installed in parallel? I know I can't run
both modules at the same time, but I'd prefer having them installed in
parallel, so I can switch back/between easier.

When I try updating I get a dependency warning from php-eaccelerator (from
dag repo) - can I ignore that? Searching thru my list archive I find it
mentioned several times that eaccelerator works with PHP5, but it's not
clear if and what package.

Thanks.

Kai