Printing Postscript - Very Weird Problem.

"MZ" == Maciej ?enczykowski <maze@xxxxxxx>

    MZ> Hey folks, okay, here's the situation - I have a Centos
    MZ> 4.2 system with cups printing installed printing via
    MZ> postcript (with appropriate PPD file) to a HP LaserJet
    MZ> 1320N printer (via jetdirect socket 9100).

I have the same setup....

    MZ> Everything seems to work right - except for an unusual
    MZ> 'font'??? problem.  Many letters seem to be just slightly
    MZ> garbled.

I have also seen this problem, generally when printing a PDF file
(generated with TeX) from gv.  If I open the file in Acrobat, it
prints fine.

I just tried generating some PostScript by piping the output of a
command that produces ASCII through ``a2ps -1'', and I see no
issues with the printout.

If I take a simple LaTeX document and TeX it, producing a DVI file;
then run dvips to produce a PostScript file and print that file