Disappearing content in Firefox (CentOS Stream 8)

Does anyone else experience issues with the Firefox version supplied with CentOS Stream 8?

It mostly works on my system, but I have this recurring problem where I use it for a while (a few hours, maybe), accessing different sites, opening and closing windows and/or tabs perhaps - then all of a sudden, all content and also menus, toolbars etc. disappear; the windows turn into empty frames or frames filled with garbage data, and there doesn't seem to be a way to recover, except restarting.

I've had this for a long time, across several updates. I can't really tie the problem to specific activities or web sites. I should perhaps add that when I say I use it for a while, I don't necessarily mean that I work actively with my browser windows all the time - but they typically stay open the whole day, to put it that way.

Is this a common issue? Is there a way to avoid it?

Thanks.

- Toralf