Re: resetting a serial port

the system I am connected to over the serial uart is one of my major servers and I REALLY dislike rebooting it.

On 12/13/23 23:21, Fred wrote:
have never used usb-to-serial devices, so I'm probably wrong here...
wondering if, on the system where you work, have you tried  using the reset
or tset command?

otherwise, though *being a Linux user I hate to suggest this*, but have you
tried the "universal-fix-all-problems" technique that Windows users learn
early on, i.e., reboot one or both systems? rebooting one of the systems
then trying to connect may tell you which system is wedged. maybe.

Good luck!

Fred

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 8:46 PM Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>