Re: dnf-makecache.service failing every few days and dnf-automatic.service samba freeipa issues (again).

Am 09.01.23 um 17:16 schrieb Jelle de Jong:
Hello everybody,

What is the status of the freeipa/sssd and samba conflicts in the repositories?

I can not wrap my mind around that two big packages are not getting security updates anymore, because they are conflicting. I will go to FOSDEM in Belgium this year to figure out more, but I am considering moving my centos systems to rockylinux.

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong

CentOS Stream is an upstream project now. Distro composes will have a
state that does not addresses the expectations of the old CentOS project. Further more if security is a concern, then a different OS
should be chosen.

Some general details about updates here:

https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2021-July/119645.html

https://blog.centos.org/2022/09/how-updates-work-in-centos/

and more useful links in the list archives.

--
Leon