Re: Looking for a RAID1 box

It depends on the structure of the drives.  Do you want a dedicated controller card or is an embedded card on the motherboard acceptable?

Entry Level Dell Poweredge T150 servers could work, or build your own rig with an SLI MegaRAID or HighPoint RocketRAID dedicated controller card.

There are configurations like this in a Rackmount configuration, tower configurations, or Mini Server configurations, it all depends on what kind of space / budget / environment it is going in.

Reply back with more details if you want a better answer.

Chris

Help?

I am looking for a box I can drop Centos or one of the spinoffs that:

Has RAID1 internal (not an external USB RAID thing)
    Can be software or hardware

small (4TB/drive fine) and low power

I plan to use it ONLY for email server.  perhaps iRedMail

I have spent a lot of time looking and not finding any such piece of metal.

All I find are NAS boxes with their own OS.

thanks

Bob (frustrated)

Christopher Wensink
IS Administrator