FW: NFS Server Centos7

Any news?

On 29/05/2022, 17:33, "CentOS on behalf of Erik Frangež via CentOS" <centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of centos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hi guys,

    Thank you all for replys and sorry I was having enabled digest mode and I did not get all messages in time.

    Here are answers:

    Message 2:

    Client and server are virtual machines inside vmware environment which is connected to 10gbps. Network is devided between virtual machines. Physical servers are connected to Nexus switch with 10gbps.

    Message 3:

    We have try speeds with iperf, they are between 1 and 6 gbps, sometimes goes to 8gbps - depends of the load of networks. All checks was done with sync mode (NFS will be used for important data and we do not want to lose something).

    Message 4:

    Config is default, just installed and tested with NFSv3 NFSv4.

    Message 5:

    We did not enable jumbo frames on network.

    For all: We are testing speed with this script (PHP7.4):

    <?php

    // Define to join the language pack.

    define('BENCHFAIL_SLOWHARDDRIVE',   'slowharddrive');

             $lorem = 'Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque lacus felis, dignissim quis nisl sit amet, blandit suscipit lacus. Duis maximus, urna sed fringilla consequat, tellus ex sollicitudin ante, vitae posuere neque purus nec justo. Donec porta ipsum sed urna tempus, sit amet dictum lorem euismod. Phasellus vel erat a libero aliquet venenatis. Phasellus condimentum venenatis risus ut egestas. Morbi sit amet posuere orci, id tempor dui. Vestibulum eget sapien eget mauris eleifend ullamcorper. In finibus mauris id augue fermentum porta. Fusce dictum vestibulum justo eget malesuada. Nullam at tincidunt urna, nec ultrices velit. Nunc eget augue velit. Mauris sed rhoncus purus. Etiam aliquam urna ac nisl tristique, vitae tristique urna tincidunt. Vestibulum luctus nulla magna, non tristique risus rhoncus nec. Vestibulum vestibulum, nulla scelerisque congue molestie, dolor risus hendrerit velit, non malesuada nisi orci eget eros. Aenean interdum ut lectus quis semper. Curabitur viverra vitae augue id.';

             $loremipsum = str_repeat($lorem, 16);

             $i = 0;

             $pass = 2000;

             $tempfile = '/srv/moodledata/test/benchmark.temp';

             while ($i < $pass) {

                 ++$i;

                 file_put_contents($tempfile, $loremipsum);

                 unlink($tempfile);

             }

             return array('limit' => 1, 'over' => 1.25, 'fail' => BENCHFAIL_SLOWHARDDRIVE);

    ?>

        Message: 1