Re: Compatible SATA controller needed

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 11:55 AM Pete Geenhuizen <pgeenhuizen@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install Centos 8 on an older PC but it fails because the
> > SATA controller isn't supported.
> > Anyone have a source for a PCI/ePCI controller card that is compatible
> > with Centos 8?
> > Thanks
> > Pete
> >

> Your controller might be supported by one of the ELRepo's kmod packages.
> This can be checked if you provide the device ID pairing [xxxx:yyyy] as
> reported by 'lspci -nn'.

Also: what BIOS mode is the SATA controller operating in? The SATA firmware in
some PCs implement various "weird" modes, including "RAID" (no, not really
hardware RAID, just some kind of half BIOS half MS-Windows driver software
RAID hack), Make sure the SATA controller is in AHCI mode and not in some
other mode. If it is in AHCI mode, it might just work out-of-the-box.

> Akemi

Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
heller@xxxxxxxxxxxx       -- Webhosting Services