Re: ceph beginner, how to initialize a new node on a blank system?

> Am 21.02.2022 um 17:07 schrieb Paul Heinlein <heinlein@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2022, Ralf Prengel wrote:
>
>> Hallo,
>> first steps in the ceph world.
>> My question:
>> Is there a way to initialise an empty system to be fully configured and active in a ceph cluster.
>> My idea:
>> Booting an empty system using an iso and everything is working some minutes later.
>> Unsig for example  pxe and kickstart surely works too but my idea is that an new node perfectly fits in every aspect.
>
> Do you mean something like ceph-ansible?
>
> https://docs.ceph.com/projects/ceph-ansible/en/latest/
>
> --

Yes,
but
1)
the ceph cluster itself is active an working
2)
ansible it not an option for the first step but will be later choice number 1
3)
for the moment I m looking for a solution like a bare metal recovery solution delivered by several backup-tools as bootable iso-images etc..

Greetings from germany
Ralf