Re: CentOS Stream 8 dnf fails

On 2/14/22 08:08, Bill Gee wrote:
Ah, additional details.  Thanks!  The download is started.   Running REALLY slow (like 24kb per second!) but it is running.  I am not in a big hurry.

I'm also trying to upgrade my CentOS Stream 8 system, and am getting super slow download speeds when the initial metadata is being retrieved...  approx. 30kB/s.

I know on older CentOS systems, you could Ctrl-C and yum would move onto a different (hopefully faster) mirror, but now Ctrl-C just stops dnf altogether, and if I reissue the "dnf upgrade" command, it again slows down to a crawl.

Is there some setting for a minimum bandwidth threshold or some other way to diagnose some really slow mirror?

thanks,
Greg