Re: Email Notification of updates which are available to be applied on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

On 2/9/22 10:56 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Hi,

I am running the below open source components on CentOS Linux release
7.9.2009 (Core)

    1. nginx service
    2. mysql service
    3. php framework
    4. pph-fpm service
    5. composer A Dependency Manager for PHP

Is there a way to notify via email if there are any new security updates
available for CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 along with the above open
source components which are running?
Currently, I am manually running the *yum -y update* command to update the
OS along with the above open source components. I have tried
for yum-updatesd - Update notifier daemon but it is not available for
CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core). Thanks in advance. I look forward to
hearing from you.

More info:- https://linux.die.net/man/8/yum-updatesd

You might be interesting in yum-cron

From the manpage:

DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the different functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files.

With CentOS you generally will not have security included with the
package data, so only install security related errata is not a simple
action.  However applying all updates, or sending a notification about
updates be available, etc are options you can enable.

Good luck,
Jon M