Re: Postfix and virtual mail boxes.[SOLVED - kinda]

On 10/10/21 11:28 pm, Rob Kampen wrote:
smtp       inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
     -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions= -o content_filter=spamassassin

I assume based on what you've said before that this is after you added the workaround you mentioned, but the logs below are without the smtpd_recipient_restrictions= part here?

Cannot see how this log listing can possibly help as it contains only three lines

Nonetheless I do appreciate seeing them, no offense but you can never tell if someone's interpretations of the logs are accurate and so it's best just to see the logs themselves.

Here is the log of the incorrectly rejected email coming into the new MX - very short as it immediately rejects the alias recipient address - which my other two MX do not do.

Right.

This led me to the conclusion that the alias substitution is not taking place on my new MX whereas it does on my two working MX - hence my addition to the smtp processing line at the top of the master.cf file.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet, though.

That said, based on your config and logs I think I may have been wrong in my previous guess and it may very well be related to your policyd-spf. More on that in a bit.

Can you provide the output of the following commands (but substitute the actual recipient domain and address for the munged versions you supplied here):

postmap -q example.com mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_alias_domains.cf

postmap -q rob@xxxxxxxxxxx mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf

postmap -q rob@xxxxxxxxxxx mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf

postmap -q example.com mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf

postmap -q rob@xxxxxxxxxxx mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf

The results of the above should give a much better picture of what's going on.

To check if it's the policyd that's causing the problem can you modify the smtpd_recipient_restrictions line in main.cf and remove just the "check_policy_service inet:localhost:12350," part? So that it reads something like:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination,
    check_policy_service unix:private/policyd-spf

Then check to see if it works after that (and provide logs again so I can check things over). Note this also means reverting your workaround in master.cf for this test.

Peter