Re: Connecting an android tablet to CentOS

On 9/14/2021 2:29 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 11:09:34AM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 17:01:29 +0000
Richard wrote:

[My android device file viewer(s) wouldn't get me into the
Kindle data directory.]

There's an app I use. Cx file explorer. It will go into the kindle
directory, and from there, I can delete files. On the rare occasions I put
a book in there--for example, at times, an author makes a free ebook
available, I use jmtpfs. This is on a fairly minimal install with openbox,
I suspect that Gnome's file manager might be able to do it. (I can with
Fedora 34's live Gnome workstation).

For copying files to and from my PC (including Kindle books), I use an app called WIFI FTP Server.  It starts up an FTP server on your phone that you can connect to with Filezilla (or whatever) from your PC.  The server is only active while the app is running and you can set a password.  FTP is not a particularly secure protocol, but since I only used it when I'm on my home WIFI, it's not much of a risk.  It lets me move files around without worrying about cables, drivers, USB modes, etc.

--
Bowie