Re: Centos 8 crypto-policy to get SSL Labs A rating

On Wed, 30 Jun 2021, Adrian Jenzer wrote:

Dear Community

I try to get an SSL Labs A rating for my CentOS8 Apache-server.
I'am sure it has to do with my lack of understanding the crypto-policies configuration, can anybody give me an advice where i am wrong?
My understanding is that the configuration in the pmod-file will override the ssl.conf values if PROFILE=SYSTEM is active.

I personally skip the crypto-policy for Apache, relying on a traditional httpd.conf stanza instead:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
  # ...
  SSLCipherSuite "EECDH+AESGCM:EDH+AESGCM"
  SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1.3 +TLSv1.2
</IfModule>

In conjunction with other TLS best practices, these settings seem to do the trick (read: Qualys likes them), albeit while excluding some older browsers.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein@xxxxxxxxxx