Re: Centos versions in the future?

Not just rumours. CentOS 8 dies at the end of this year. CentOS 7 has until the end of 2024. RH are introducing "CentOS Stream" which is what will be in RHEL in the next release. It has been unkindly referred to as beta software.

The traditional rebuild of RHEL will continue under other guises. There has been a long standing release at Springdale. Since RH's announcement Cloud have produced the Alma release. There is also a new project called Rocky that hasn't yet released a full version but is working on it.