Re: Automatic clean /tmp folder

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 01:09:57PM +0000, Gestió Servidors wrote:
With these files I supposed that a file with more than 10 days in /tmp
would be automatically deleted, but today I have found some files/folders
with more than 10 days.

What I have done wrong?

The test is on access time, not modification. Have they been read in the last 10 days?

And note that a GUI file manager might attempt to read every file in a
directory in order to determine its type and display the correct icon.

I have check my /tmp folder with "find ./ -atime +10d" and there are
some folders that appears as "accessed" more than 10 days ago... so I
don't understand why automatic deletion system has not deleted them.

Thanks.

Typically directories are not deleted if not empty.
Do those folders contain items that were accessed more recently?

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jcu@xxxxxxxxxx